Editorial services are best employed when you feel that your story has been completed to the very best of your abilities. You could have already signed off fifteen drafts and be in need of a final polish; alternatively, having completed a first draft, you might want help in understanding the best way to approach improvements. Whatever stage you are at, we can help.
Preparing your work for submission
If you have a properly formatted manuscript, complete with a title page, and have inserted page breaks between the chapters, then great! All that really matters is that you feel ready to submit your work – we can help with formatting throughout the edit. The only thing we ask is for authors to ensure that all chapters are included in one document, and not in a folder of individual chapters. (If you require assistance with this, please don’t hesitate to contact us.)
Sending a submission request
Before sending your submission, we would love to know a little bit about you and your project. Using the enquiry form at the bottom of this page, let us know:
- The title – or working title – of your story
- A brief blurb – just a few lines to get us excited about reading it
- The word count
- It is also helpful to know what genre you are writing in, or which demographic you are targeting. If you’re not entirely certain, general fiction is fine – we can help with that later
- Any further details about your writing journey so far. Are you just starting out or already a best seller? Do you have any literary successes? What do you hope to achieve with your writing?
- If you have a favourite writer that you can picture your novel sitting alongside, please do include that, too.
How to submit
Once we have received your submission enquiry – using the form below – we will give you an approximate date when we can start working on your manuscript, and will also invite you to send your story. When that is received, your editor will confirm that you are booked in and how long they would expect the edit to take.
While your story is with the editor, if you have any further enquiries, or would simply like an update on how we are getting on, we offer complete transparency – just send us a quick message.
We value every author that we work with, so remain open to you after you have received your returned work. For further information about our post-edit services, please visit our Editorial Services page, or get in touch.
Submission enquiry form
・For any general enquiries, please use Contact・